Tuesday 18 May 2010

Monday 17th May

Got up, came down, had coffee and watched the news, went online and spoke to mum, she informed me Mike had had an accident and broken his wrist and shoulder, poor Mandy. I tried to phone Mandy but got no reply so sent her a text. I got dressed and made a start on the house work, giving the whole place a good going over. I started tidying up the car, gave it a good clean and then drove to Hesdin and got a few bit and pieces and washed the car at L'Elephant Bleu.
I came home and sorted out a couple more bits before heading up to Tony and Jackie's to assist them with the Septic Tank checking guy, when he arrived he spoke quite good English so i was a little superfluous, they got a clean bill of health, good news as it is quite an expensive thing to replace. Jackie made a very nice cottage pie for dinner, i had taken up some cakes so we had one after. Whilst we were eating we listened to the news, only to hear the strike had been canceled due to a legal technicality, which did not impress and poor Jackie had to make plans to get to work tomorrow.
I headed home about seven thirty, chatted to ant on skype and mum then got sorted upstairs and went up with the dogs to watch tv, watched Glee, think i most definitely not interested in it now, then the Cleveland Show, I read for a couple of hours and finished my book, it finished in a very unsatisfactory manner and no one got any comeuppance, leaving you with a real sense of the lack of justice in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment