Saturday 9 January 2010

friday 8th Jan

We were up at five this morning, and i came down to find the back door wide open and the kitchen absolutely freezing. I made coffee and went to watch the news whilst i waited for ant to come down. We had coffee then set off to the train station at St. Pol, it took ages for the car to de-ice, i really should leave it in the garage overnight, but i am a lazy bugger. When we got to the station the ticket office was shut and we couldn't find the the automatic ticket machine, eventually i found it but there was no way i could print off ants ticket to Lille so we ended up buying another ticket and having a bit of a row. I stormed off to the car and left him at the station and immediately felt bad so stopped the car and got back out to say good bye, just then the whistle blew so i just had time to wave him off.
I got back and made some coffee then went online and did all my bits, i phoned ant a couple of times but couldn't get through. I did get to speak to mum on skype, which is always good, then turned off the computer and watched a bit of tv. I woke up a couple of hours later, the dogs on the sofa asleep with me, all cozy and a little dazed. I decided to give the gym a miss and spend the day with the dogs, poor banjo had a bit of a limp and was feeling a bit sorry for herself and spent the entire day next to me, she is usually a bit more offish, this upset Ruby a little as she is used to hoovering up all the attention due to Banjo's disinterest
I did feel a little guilty about not going to the gym but it is soo cold at the moment and the house was so snug with the girls on the sofa, that wild horses would have had to pull me out of the house, ant will be home for next week so that will get me out of the house to the gym every day, i will have to make up for it then. I cant quite remember what we watched on the tv but we managed to spend the entire day doing it, i made some cookies at lunch time, which were not very good, and spoke to David on the phone. At dinner time i phoned gran and we were on for a good half an hour, then i had the left over ham from the other day with a nice Morrocan style cus cus, very pleasant and quite low fat. An evening of bitty viewing, nothing spectacular, then off to bed with a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment